Here you can take official practice theory tests from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), free of charge.
You need to PASS your Theory and Hazard Perception Test at the same time, before, you can apply for your Practical Test. You will need a valid Provisional Driving Licence in order to take your Theory Test and you can book your Test online.You DO NOT however, need to have passed your Theory & Hazard Perception Test, before taking driving lesson.
DSA Crown copyright
Start your Theory Test revision as soon as possible before your lessons start!
How the Theory Test works
- The Theory Test is a 50-question multiple-choice test
- To pass you must answer 43 or more questions correctly within 57 minutes
- Questions are chosen at random from a bank of over 1,000 questions and you answer by touching the screen
- During the test you have the option to skip questions and return to them later
and then... Hazard Perception
You’ll need your:
- Great Britain or Northern Ireland provisional driving licence number
- Email address to get your booking confirmation - you can’t book online if you don’t have one
- Credit or Debit card
"You have to wait at least 3 clear working days before taking your test again if you don’t pass, so it is important to gets it right FIRST TIME."